Sunday, November 3, 2013

Observation 3

Briana Sproles
Lab Tues. 12:20
Observation 3


I observed my aquarium last Thursday evening. After placing it under the microscope and adjusting the camera so that the image I saw through the microscope, I also saw on the computer screen. Then, I began to explore. After searching through my aquarium for new organisms, I came upon a Stentor sp. (Fig. 1). This is a single celled organism, which was classified as a Protist in the book "Guide to Microlife" (Fig. 2) (Rainis and Russell 108). I watched it for a while, thinking that it would move, but it stayed stationary during the entire period of observation. I came upon one other organism that I took pictures of and intended to use in this bog, but I accidentally sent myself the wrong pictures from the lab so I only have Figures 1 and 2 for this blog. I will include that organism in the next observation blog.

Fig. 1: Stentor sp.
Fig. 2: Rainis and Russell pg. 108

No comments:

Post a Comment