Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Final Observation

Briana Sproles
Observation 5
20 November 2013

As a part of my last observation, I was able to find and identify three additional specimens. The first was a Paramecium(Fig. 1), which was small and round and moved relatively quickly (Patterson, 1992). This was the only one of its kind that I had spotted in my couple of observation hours. The second specimen that I ran across was another Rotifer(Fig. 2) (Patterson, 1992). This Rotifer was incredibly different looking than the ones I have documented in the past observations. It appeared to be much thinner and I thought it was eating off part of the plant that it was, as I later was told, just attached to it. The third specimen was a Stenostomum(Fig. 3) (Patterson, 1992). This organism moved around much like a common earthworm might. It was really interesting and much larger than the other organisms that I found during this observation period. All in all, I felt that this observation was one of my most productive. I was able to identify organisms from past observations, which I thought was great!

Fig. 1: Paramecium sp.
Fig. 2: Rotifer
Fig. 3: Stenostomum sp.


No comments:

Post a Comment